adagio breezes

Full is not heavy as empty, not nearly my love...

2005-10-11

WWE in Austin and San Antonio

Ask anyone that knows me and they will all tell you the same thing. I love the WWE! I've been watching wrestling my entire life. Some of my earliest memories are of me in our house in Mexico watching wrestling. And it's been pretty much non-stop since then.
So when we saw that WWE was having a house show in Austin, I was excited, but I really didn't want to go since we had just moved and I was dealing with several $30 Transfer / Connect fees that all the utilites love to charge. But with the hurricanes in Louisiana, the house show originally scheduled for October 2nd became a Smackdown taping on October 4th. That changed things in an instant. Sadly, there were no ringside seats for the show. Priscilla and I had to settle for the normal seats. It was a good show, but I was too far to get any good shots with the treo. We also didnt bother taking the normal camera either. However, Booker T saw me doing the '5 Time' pose and pointed at me on his way down the ramp.
The very next week, there was a Smackdown taping in San Antonio. Priscilla went ahead and hopped on ticketmaster the night before to see if there were ant good seats left. As luck would have it, there were 2 ringside seats available. We almost lost them when the cable modem went down for a bit. But after that scare, we snatched them up and were on our way. That show was much better since we were sitting on row 3. I was even on TV acting like a fool half the time, doing Hulk Hogan poses, the DX sign, and the "Calvin Smile" from Calvin and Hobbes. I got some great pictures on the treo. I'll put them on my Flickr site in a few days. Booker T remembered me and pointed at me again. Eddie Guerrero also looked right at me and posed as he was getting in the ring.
Overall, the shows were great. I can't wait to take the film from our regular camera to get developed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home