adagio breezes

Full is not heavy as empty, not nearly my love...

2006-08-25

On the Eve of 10 years

So tomorrow is the olde 10 year High School reunion in Houston. I can't believe I haven't seen some of these folks in 10 years. Others I've seen more recently, but for the most part, ya I haven't seen them since May of 1996. But, through the Magic of the Interweb, I can keep up with people now. Me, I try to make myself easy to find for all my friends. Don't believe me? See for yourself! Right there you have links to Flickr, Myspace, blogger and Slashdot. And my eMail and AIM screen name aren't all that hard to find on any of those pages.
I really need to scan some pics up for y'all so you can see what I looked like in HS and early Baylor. A lot of people who knew me then remember the Rudy with the long hair. People who met me after 1997ish missed out on those good days. And the way things are looking, Long Hair Rudy will only show up with a wig. :o But, the last time a lot of these people saw me, I was around 220lbs or so. Yea, I know, it's hard to imagine me looking like that. But it happened. There are pictures and video so there is no denying that I used to be a heavy young lad. But, as many of you know, I'm in better shape at 28 than I was at 18.
You know, I still find it hard to believe that some my friends from HS even have kids now. Kids? Are you kidding me? I knew these people since they were in Primary school! What are they doing having kids?? But, I want to see baby pics, people! Some of my friends went into the Military and are probably flying jets overseas as we speak. So I hope to see some of the military folks there, too. Some went straight to work and others went to college, like me. I want to see all of y'all there, too!
Who will turn out? Who knows! All I can tell you is I'm going to have a blast with some old friends. One more thing: GO BIG RED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home