adagio breezes

Full is not heavy as empty, not nearly my love...

2006-09-01

Shady's Movie Reveiw

I used to go to the movies all the time. I mean, I would see everything, even the crappy ones. But lately, I don't want to waste my evening watching something I know I'm not going to enjoy. So, when I saw the preview for the Illusionist, I was definitely interested. Except that when I got there, the movie I thought I was going to see wasn't the movie I saw. I confused The Illusionist starring Pig-Vomit and Jessica Beil (mmmmm) with The Prestige, starring Batman and Wolverine. Yea, two different magician movies. Oops. My Mistake.
But it was still a cool movie. Here is a non-spoiler synopsis:
Eisenheim (Edward Norton) is a stage magician who amazes the audiences of turn-of-the-century Vienna, drawing the attention of Crown Prince Leopold (Rufus Sewell). When the Prince's intended, Sophie von Teschen (Jessica Biel), assists the magician onstage, Eisenheim and Sophie recognize each other from their childhoods -- and a dormant love affair is rekindled. As the clandestine romance continues, Chief Inspector Uhl (Paul Giamatti) is charged by Leopold to expose Eisenheim, and Eisenheim prepares to execute his greatest illusion yet.
Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809257693/details
So, if you want to see a pretty good movie, check out The Illusionist.

The rest of the weekend should be good, though. Here is a brief schedule:
  • Saturday- Drive From Austin to Waco to Dallas
    • Stop in Waco and get a hotel room somewhere
    • Watch little Jimmy Norton at the Improv in Addison, TX.
    • Grab some dinner on the way out of Dallas.
  • Sunday - Dallas to Waco to Austin
    • After the show, drive back to Waco and get some sleep.
    • Around 4:30 AM, get up and eat at Harold Waite's(Inside band joke alert)
    • Go to church at St. Francis on the Brazos.
    • Hang out and head to Floyd Casey before the game.
    • Watch TCU vs Baylor.
    • Grab some dinner after the game
    • Back to Austin.
  • Monday - Labour Day in Austin
    • Still working on it. Maybe some BBQ somewhere. We'll see how it goes.
See y'all in Waco/Dallas/Austin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home